ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine can be used under any development environment for C/C++, C# and .NET, including Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.
Supported Operating Systems
The Mobile OCR Engine is cross-platform technology and supports the following operating systems:
- LINUX, ucLinux
- Windows Mobile
- propriety OSs for GSM and CDMA phone platforms
ABBYY offers professional services to port the software to other platforms and to customize the software for special tasks.
ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine is a compact code OCR solution and requires minimal resources:
- ROM: 2.5 – 3Mb for program installation plus 0.5-1 Mb per recognition language
- RAM: 2.5 – 3Mb for program storage plus 0.5-1 Mb for each recognition language used; 1.5 – 5Mb for program operation; 1 – 3Mb for storing the input picture/image file
- Exact memory requirements vary depending on the operating system and specific recognition tasks (e.g. multilingual recognition requires more memory).
Supported recognition languages
ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine 2.6 provides text recognition in 58 languages:
- 20 languages with dictionary support:
Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian (both Bokmal, and Nynorsk), Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese Brazilian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- 38 additional languages with Latin, Cyrillic or Greek characters:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Basque, Breton, Byelorussian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chechen, CrimeanTatar, Croatian, Fijian, Hawaiian, Hungarian, Icelandic, Irish, Kabardian, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maori, Mixed, Moldavian, Mongol, Ossetic, Provencal, Rhaeto Romanic, Romanian, Samoan, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swahili, Tagalog, Tatar, Welsh, Yiddish
Business card recognition module allows to recognize business cards in 16 languages: English, Dutch, Danish, Indonesian, Spanish, Italian, German, Norwegian (Bokmål and Nynorsk), Portuguese (Brazilian), Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Finnish, French, Swedish