The high quality and accuracy of ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine 3.0 ensures the best recognition results for images received from mobile device cameras, portable scanners, and digital cameras:
• ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine is based on a world-renowned OCR FineReader technology, which provides high quality and accuracy of mobile recognition of images
• (New) The new version of ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine has a new automatic image skew correction function. When you take photographs with a mobile device camera or scan images with a portable scanner on-the-run, image skews occur fairly often, which has a negative impact on the recognition quality. ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine 3.0 allows detection and correction of skews within one degree of precision, which results in a significant improvement of the quality and accuracy of mobile OCR.
• (New) Improved Data Analysis Algorithm
Thanks to the new image processing algorithm, Data Analysis discards all the unnecessary information in the image and thus provides more accurate recognition on mobile devices
• Spell checking during text recognition also considerably improves the quality of the output text
The ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine is a compact code OCR technology and is optimized to work with small memory size systems (mobile phones or portable scanners):
• (New) Upgraded memory management
The new algorithm for memory management allows the system to determine the exact memory size required to process an image. This eliminates the necessity to allocate significant memory segments in advance, which has an impact on the recognition speed and the application’s capability to work reliably, ensuring efficiency and fast performance speed.
• The ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine code is very compact. It occupies 2.5 MB of ROM and 2.5 MB of RAM or more (depending on the desired functionality).
ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine 3.0 can be used in applications for various platforms (mobile and PC-based): Android, LINUX, ucLinux, Symbian, Windows Mobile, Windows. The new version of ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine 3.0 also supports iPhone. Porting to other platforms is also possible.
ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine 3.0 is more than a high-accuracy text recognition technology; it also makes it possible to process business card images obtained with mobile device cameras or portable scanners. This function allows retrieving information from business card images, such as first name, last name, position of the cardholder, various types of phone numbers, e-mail, company name, Web site and postal address of the company
Now ABBYY BCR allows to recognize business cards in 15 languages:
• (New) Dutch
• (New) Danish
• (New) Norwegian (Bokmål and Nynorsk)
• (New) Portuguese (Brazilian)
• (New) Turkish
• (New) Finnish
• (New) Swedish
ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine 3.0 provides text recognition in 58 languages, which meets the requirements of developers all over the world:
• 20 languages with dictionary support:
Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian (both Bokmal, and Nynorsk), Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese Brazilian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
• 38 additional languages with Latin, Cyrillic or Greek characters:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Basque, Breton, Byelorussian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chechen, CrimeanTatar, Croatian, Fijian, Hawaiian, Hungarian, Icelandic, Irish, Kabardian, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maori, Mixed, Moldavian, Mongol, Ossetic, Provencal, Rhaeto Romanic, Romanian, Samoan, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swahili, Tagalog, Tatar, Welsh, Yiddish
The new data analysis algorithm of ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine 3.0 allows faster text recognition and provides the output text in a format as close as possible to the format of the source document:
• Preserving multi-column text
In the previous versions of ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine, text was recognized left to right top to bottom strictly, which resulted in placing all the recognized data into one linear massive. ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine 3.0 has a function called «Paragraph Assembly», thanks to which the new DA identifies text block borders and recognizes each block separately, recognizing text left to right and top to bottom only within a separate block, thus preserving the format of a multi-column text, paragraphs, and text segmenting
• Preserving Character Fonts
ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine identifies the font properties of a source text, i.e. «bold type», «italic» or «underlined»
ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine is a flexible and convenient technology that allows you to change its setting depending on the objective and the set of goals. You can select one of the two mobile recognition modes:
• Fast mode of express recognition – it is most convenient when the image is of good quality and allows cutting down the time required for its recognition and processing
• Full mode for accurate recognition – it is best for low-quality images, when more time is required to achieve the optimal result